Oyster Cook-Off's Official Rules & Guidelines
- All contestants are responsible for their own 10×10 tent, grills, charcoal/propane, cooking utensils, ingredients and display dishes,serving plate & utensils for the public. In addition to all cooking utensils table cloth and coolers are needed to participate.
- The Oyster Festival Committee will supply 4 sacks of oysters to each team for the cook-off competition. Teams will be responsible to purchase additional sacks from the Oyster Festival Committee as needed to serve until 4 p.m. (at wholesale market price)
- Teams can load in on Friday, September 28th from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.. Official start time for the cook-off is 12 Noon on Saturday September 29, 2018.
- All teams are required to be on site by 9 a.m. on Saturday, September 29th for meeting. Teams are required to be set up and “ready to serve” by 12-Noon.
- All judging is final. Each team will have the opportunity to have one team member present when judges’ score cards are being calculated.
- There will be three competition categories; Charbroiled, House Specialty & Raw. Each team must compete in a minimum of two categories.
- All teams are required to cook & serve oysters from 12-Noon til 4 p.m. for public tasting.
- All contestants are to be in compliance with all health department regulations. The Oyster Cook-Off and Festival Committee will provide ice. Teams must provide the correct storage and storage containers for the oysters including preparatory items.
- Each team will display a “consumption of raw seafood” notice at their table. These will be supplied by The Oyster Cook-Off and Festival Committee.
- There will be no outside beverages brought into The Oyster Cook-Off. Any team serving alcohol or beverages to guests will be removed from the event.
Call Dawn Mattina (228) 348-2646 for more information.