Oyster Cook-Off Information
Official Rules & Guidelines
- All contestants are responsible for their own grills, charcoal, propane, cooking utensils, ingredients, sample serving dishes & utensils for public tasting, display dishes for the In addition to all cooking utensils, tablecloth and coolers that are needed to participate.
- The Oyster Festival Committee will supply 4 sacks of oysters to each team for the cook-off competition. Teams will be responsible to purchase additional sacks needed on site. All teams must serve until 4PM.
- Teams can load in on Friday, November 8th from 3 PM – 7 PM (all teams). Official start time for the cook- off is 11 AM – 2 PM (Amateur) & 2PM – 6PM, Saturday November 9, 2019
- All teams are required to be on site by 10 m. on Saturday, November 9th for meeting. Teams are required to be set up and “ready to serve” by 11 AM for Amateur teams & 2PM for Restaurant teams.
- All judging is final.
- All Amateur teams are required to cook & serve oysters from 11AM -2 All Restaurant teams are required to cook & serve oysters from 2PM – 6PM for public tasting.
- All contestants are to be in compliance with all health department regulations. The Oyster Cook- Off and Festival Committee will provide Teams must provide the correct storage and storage containers for the oysters including preparatory items plus all serving items (plates, forks, napkins, etc.).
- Each team will display a “consumption of raw seafood” notice at their These will be supplied by The Oyster Cook-Off and Festival Committee.
- There will be no outside beverages brought into The Oyster Cook-Off. Any team serving alcohol to guests will be removed from the event without refund.
- Each team will provide their own 10×10 tent.